Statistically, only 20% of car seats are installed correctly.  While the other 80% may not have obvious errors, the problems with their installation may be enough to keep the seat from performing correctly in a crash.

 

   The Williamson County Sheriff’s Office is an approved Child Safety Seat Inspection Station.  The Sheriff’s Office has Deputies who are certified by the National Highway and Transportation Safety Administration to inspect and install car seats, and who will explain each step of the process.  Call the Sheriff’s Office at (618) 997-6541 to schedule an appointment to have your child’s car seat installed or inspected.